Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

I am so lucky and blessed to have the father I have. He is the best father I could have ever asked for. I feel like God picked him especially for me. I can tell him anything and I love that. I can be myself around him and he accepts me completely. As many of you know my mother and I never had a great relationship. My Dad was my rock, my sisters rock as well. He was our stability in a sometimes chaotic world. I bonded with him from as far back as I can remember. I really was Daddy's little girl. I wanted to be around him always. I cried EVERYDAY when he dropped me off at pre-school before he went to work. I know that was hard for him to leave me and I can now say "Sorry for putting you through that Dad!" But it just shows how attached I was to him, and I still am. It's hard for me to live across the country and not see him so much, but he is always with me in my heart. I love you Daddy, thanks for raising me the way you did, I'll never forget it. I have 2 of the greatest men in my life and I truly feel so blessed to have them. How did I ever get so lucky? Dad, the song on the bottom, George Straight "A Fathers Love" is dedicated to you. I love you. Thank you for being the man that you are!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a wonderful man! Happy Father's Day to him!

    ReplyDelete