Last weekend I had a work meeting in New Brunswick, NJ (home of Rutgers), so I decided to go visit family & friends afterwards for the rest of the weekend. I was pretty proud of myself, I figured out the 2 transfers I had to make in the NYC subway system from Penn Station to Grand Central... and with luggage to tote! Hey- it can be very overwhelming- there are a million people down there and I almost took the express 7 line to Queens, thank God the conductor read my mind and announced that I was on the express and to get off and go to the other side of the platform for the local 7. See what I mean? I'm used to following my friends around since they have lived there since we graduated, but I figured it was time to become independent from the fear of the fury and chaos of "THE SUBWAY". I know a couple of you out there were a tad worried if I would be able to do it and were thankful to hear that I found my way to the MetroNorth. The MetroNorth is the rail line that runs north & south along the Hudson River. This is the train I have taken since I was about 5 years old to go to New York City. It is an hour and a half beautiful ride along the Hudson River. Now that it has been about 8 years since I lived there, it has become a very nostalgic ride for me. Hanging out with the family was wonderful! It makes me so grateful, happy, and proud to have the family I do. I am so lucky and blessed to have them. I love them each so much, and we always laugh a lot and have a great time. The time was too short though and Nick will have to come back with me next time.
On Saturday night I went to NYC to hang out with my lifelong friends. These are friends I know will always be a part of my life. We can go for a year without talking (unfortunately) but when I come to town, they drop everything to meet me and hang out. We pick up right where we left off, it's like time stands still and our relationships haven't changed. It is amazing and I am so grateful to have them in my life. I love you girls. Seeing family again and old friends was something my soul needed and I am so thankful!
Your trip sounds like you had a great time! I worked in NYC one summer on a Girl Scout exchange. We had to take the subway and bus system. It is daunting! I didn't know you were from there. I thought you were from Mesa/Scottsdale area.
ReplyDeleteLonz, I loved seeing you again. Too bad it was a short visit. I miss our times together: sitting around laughing our butts off. I hate seeing you leave every single time. Our 10min hug is never enuf :(. You know I get so emotional. It was so nice to see you. You have such sweetness in your personality that no one I know has. You are truly an awesome Sister which is why we all LOVE ya so much. Can't wait to reunite again. I LUV YA!
ReplyDelete