Monday, March 15, 2010

February blog catch up

Well I did a lot a partying in my birthday month so I guess you can say it was a success! :) It started with a work trip to San Francisco, and yes I did work, but I also got some fun time in too of course...well, this is ME we are talking about! ;) I flew home on Super Sunday and beelined my way over to our friend's house (The Flint's) to meet Nick and watch the game. I hate to admit it, but I almost feel asleep because I was so tired from my San Fran trip, but at least the Saints won! San Francisco is one of my favorite cities, maybe even my number 1, I LOVE it! That is a perk of my career, I have been very blessed to be able to travel and experience different places - it is what keeps me working behind my desk some late nights.
The next weekend was Valentine's Day, another favorite of mine, and not because I want to be showered with gifts, but because it gives Nick and I a reason to do sweet things for each other or at least have a special date night. My one rule is NO TV! We usually stay home and make dinner so we don't have to wait on a long waiting list at a restaurant (which can ruin Nick's mood!). This year Nick went to the store and bought some seafood for us. It was delicious! Even though he never thought much of this holiday before me, I appreciate that he tries to make it a nice night for us and we always end up having fun.
On February 19th, my sister Sils flew into town for our birthdays and stayed for 10 days! We had a great time and I didn't mind that sis walked the dogs almost every morning, cleaned the dishes, washed the floor and the bathroom, and yeah was basically our housekeeper! Nick loves when she's here to say the least! We had a lot of fun ringing in my birthday with wine and dancing in the living room! On my birthday we went bowling and then went to Tempanyki for sushi. It was a great 31st birthday and it was so wonderful having my sis there. It has been 10 years since I spent my birthday with an immediate family member; the last one with my family was when I turned 21 and lived in New York. When I think about things like that, it really makes me sad that we all live so far apart now - NY (2 sisters), Florida (parents), Georgia (1 sister) and Utah (me -youngest sister) - and we see each other so little and very rarely are all together at the same time (it's actually been 5 years since that has happened). But I guess that's what happens in life. I remember being 21 and so excited to move across the country and ready for change! Now, 10 years later, I know that I didn't understand the reality of the permanency of it.
So Sils and I made the most of our time together, just hanging out, watching the Olympics, and we even went snowboarding which was a first for the both of us!
For Nick's 30th birthday we had a couple of friends over that night for some drinks and appetizers. He got out his wine bottle he bought last year (in my last year's birthday blog) and we all had a glass. It was some of the best tasting wine I have ever had! I gave him a birthday card in private (I always write him a little something personal in cards to him) and he loved it. We had a great night and a great month!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had such a great birthday, time with sis and visit to SF! Sorry I missed sending a birthday message. I really did think about you and never did it, sorry!
    Hugs and love to you! Looking forward to seeing you again next month at K's wedding!
    Love and Hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete