Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend! On Good Friday we went to a catholic mass, and although we weren't very impressed with the "Father", it still felt good to go to church to remember what God did for me, for us, - sending his son here to shed his blood and die for our ALL our sins. Jesus was sacrificed for you and for me. It is very humbling and I will always be eternally grateful. Thank you God. Thank you Jesus for what you did for me.
On Saturday we went to Matt & Denise's to visit and had a lot of fun. We colored Easter eggs with the kids, something I haven't done in a long time so I think I had as much fun as the kids did. Boston was fascinated by the process and just sat there and watched the egg sit in the cup. Cooper sat on Nick's lab and helped but looked a bit confused at the whole event. Gavin was an expert and used the magic crayon to make his designs before dying them, but he doesn't yet understand that egg shells are fragile so he would just plop that sucker in the cup. It was pretty funny!
Lyndi came over to our house later that night, she was home from college for Easter, and it was great to catch up with her and visit.
On Sunday we went to a church service in the morning at Crossroads Christian Fellowship. It was an awesome experience. Nick and I have been there before and we have always felt very comfortable there and it just feels right. The song worship was awesome and the message the Pastor preached was speaking directly to Nick and I from God. I love when that happens! We both felt the spirit there and neither one of us could hold back our tears. I have been praying to God and struggling with attending church on a regular basis. I have been asking Him to lead me with His will in that area of my life. I have also been praying about being baptized because I really want to be but I have had some issues with the "rules" organized religions make in order to be deemed "worthy" enough. In the bible, John the Baptist and Jesus did not review and approve you based on an eligibility check list before getting baptized. You only have to acknowledge you have sinned and agree to be cleansed and live your new life for God. You need to be willing to change, for the better. It was on a "come as you are" basis and the people were immediately baptized in the river. On Easter, my prayers were answered, again. The Pastor announced that there will be a baptism on April 25th, and anyone who desires to be baptized can come. I looked at Nick and immediately told him I am going to do it. I am really excited. My other prayer was also answered; Nick and I walked out of there and decided to make a commitment to attend this church on a regular basis. How excited I am that although we come from very different religious backgrounds (I went to Catholic Church, Nick to Mormon Church) God has found us a church we both spiritually feel really good about and can grow together in. Thank you again my Father.
On Sunday we went to Grandma Lewis' house and spent some time with Nick's relatives. It was a WONDERFUL Easter weekend, I could not have wished for more. It makes me feel so overjoyed and so humble that God takes the time to show me that he cares so much. Before bed that night, Nick tells me, "This has been my favorite Easter with you so far" and I couldn't agree more. All my thanks to my Father in Heaven who loves us more than we know.

2 comments:

  1. Murphy Men and MamaApril 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM

    Yeah!!! I am so excited for both of you!! That is sooooo awesome! I love that you have found a church to call home and yeah for getting baptized. he he see you this week!

    Love K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about you getting baptized! Let us know the details! Love ya tons! Hope you guys had a good vacay in AZ.

    ReplyDelete