Yes! We decided on a name for you (although your Papa says he has the right to change it until you are born ;) , but I think it's going to stick. He told me, "Don't call him Baby anymore, he has a name." So Tillman it is! Your Pa was the one who came up with it, and I loved it. You are named after Pat Tillman, an American Hero. He was an amazing man. You'll have to ask your Dad about details regarding his football career, but I can tell you that he played for Arizona State and went on to play in the NFL for the Cardinals. After the September 11th, 2001 tragic event, Pat Tillman and his younger brother joined the Army Rangers. He gave up his 3 million dollar contract to go and do, what he felt was the right thing. In a time where it seems like success means to make as much money as you can and look out for #1, he didn't. He followed his heart and gave it all up. He put his life on the line to do what he believed was the right thing. That is the ultimate sacrifice. That is being like Jesus. I admire him for being so courageous and stepping outside of himself. There are extremely few people in this world who act in this way, but they are great examples for us to emulate when we hear God stirring us to live not for this world, but for the next.
Your Dad and I both decided your middle name will be Robert, after your Grandpa Harms. When I told my Dad this, he jokingly said, "You know, people are going to call him Tilly Bob", he laughs, "a good ol' country name!" I laughed too. Tillman Robert Gibb. I love the way it sounds, and the reason why - after 2 men we both greatly respect.
So, we are offically more than halfway through pregnancy! I am 21 weeks today. I have been feeling you move this last week, it is a crazy, but awesome feeling! The first time I felt you for sure was on November 7th. Even your Dad can feel you through my belly. I love being pregnant with you. It has been a first experience for the both of us, huh?
Here are some pics of you from our last ultrasound at 17.6 weeks, when we found out you are a BOY! I think the whole clinic heard your Dad shout, "Yeah!" when the tech told us. :) The tech also said you are a very fiesty one! You waited until the very last minute to show us your goods, despite her poking and prodding at my belly for the first 10 minutes!
Your Leg!
Thumbs up! Checking out your hand!
Bottom's Up! You're a Boy!
Profile shot! You started drinking the fluid right after this - it was awesome to actually see that!
We get to see you in another week! I can't wait to see how much you've grown in 4 weeks.
I love you, and so does your Papa!!!
Goodnight Tillman Robert Gibb. Sweet Dreams.



Thanks for the post! I can hear Nick shout:)
ReplyDeleteFun to see pictures of Tillman. I am still waiting to see pics of you^^!!
I am glad you are all doing well. Love and hugs
Aunt Molly / Gammy
Love this! You will be happy you are documenting all of this as it happens. It s so fun to look at later as they grow. We are so excited for Tillman to arrive! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYes Gammy, I knew you were going to say that, I will have nick take a pic of me! Love ya Auntie!
ReplyDeleteI love it! and Uncle Bob's comment. :) Too cute! Thanks for the Ultrasound picks of T.R.G., love it! We go tomorrow, we'll keep you posted on your cousin, Tillman. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the name. I am so excited to meet my grandson, and hold him, and give him kisses and spoil him. Now I can start to work on his baby afghan that I will make especially for him. This blog is absolutely beautiful, just like the person that wrote it. Love you and Nick and Tillman.
ReplyDeletehow awesome! I am loving all your pregnancy documenting. Something i wish i had done. Cute name! Glad things are going smoothly.
ReplyDelete