Saturday, July 07, 2012

I'm a Mama

I wrote most of the following post about a month ago:


1.5 weeks old
(Aunt Denise took his newborn pics and I absolutely loved the way they turned out!)

Tillman is 2 months old already, I almost can't believe it, except that I feel like more of a human being lately which feels like a long lost previous version of myself! The first 6 weeks were a whirlwind and the days just kept blending into each other. No one tells you how hard that time is, which is probably a very good idea. Hardly any sleep, a crying baby that just seems attached to your boob all day long, and complete exhaustion. I was doing okay until about week 4 and then I found myself on the couch sobbing to Nick. He gave me a good pep talk and had me laughing though my tears a few minutes later. You know you've hit a rough spot when you can laugh and cry at the same time! I don't know how single parents do it. I have a shit ton of respect for them. Thank you God for Nick. Not only is he so supportive when I need him to be, but he is truly an amazing father already. So many women have asked me how he is doing when he's left alone with Buster (our new nickname for Tilly Bob) since I am back to work and he is home. I was actually somewhat perplexed at the question at first, but realized it's because a lot of men don't feel comfortable taking care of babies (or maybe the women don't feel comfortable with how the men will take care of the babies); but honestly, Nick is just as good as the best mom out there! Maybe a bit too paranoid at times, but he can mother with the best of them!


 


Update to post (07.07.12):

Pru and Maasai (my nephew) came to visit about 3 weeks after Tillman's birth. It was great having them here. I haven't seen Sai in about 6 years, so it was wonderful for Nick and I to get to spend some time with him. We introduced Sai to couple of his "firsts": Karate Kid (Sai's first time watching our generation's classic!) "I'm the best...around!", swinging some sticks at the driving range, and Nick's driving - which he seemed to thoroughly enjoy. :)


(I don't have a pic of Sai, so I stole this off fb, he is to your right! He's not a little boy anymore!)










Tillman is 3 months old now and is getting to be so fun! I am loving his smiles and giggles. He LOVES: the fan (and has since he was a couple weeks old), songs being song to him, Nick doing the deep voice "Ah-----woo" as he gets closer and closer to his face, Winnie the Pooh (especially the one on his wall) and the movie, watching the dogs, tickling or "eating" of his feet (Grandma P!), stroller rides, putting his fist up in the air like Superman, mornings (full of smiles), tv, and his room! I am so happy that he loves all the decor on his wall and his crib. It is definitely his favorite place! He also loves to EAT! At his 2 week check-up he was 36% in weight, at the 2 month check-up - 87%! Other stats @ 2 mo: 70% height and 90% head circumference. He's been a great and happy baby, he only cries when he is hungry, or wet, or tired. Thank you God! :) Nick is back to work now and Grandma P and Aunty Deb have been watching him. We are very lucky to have family watch our little guy. Over the past 2 weeks he has been sleeping 7-10 hours a night which makes this Mama very happy! Our life's routine is getting better as time goes on and we are adjusting to this crazy thing called parenthood!







1 comment:

  1. He is sooo cute! And we are so happy that he is finally here. You two are great parents! Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete