
We had a great birthday weekend! We started the party on Saturday and drove to the State Wine store in SLC. Nick bought me a 2004 Robert Mondavi Cabernet Reserve and then ending up grabbing another one for his 30th b-day next year. When we got back to Layton, he stopped at the Liquor store and bought 4 more bottles. I said, "Uh, why didn't you get those at the last wine store?" and he replied, "They are cheaper here and I want to stock up and become a wine connoisseur... and I was also thinking about making a wine cellar". Apparently he came to this conclusion on our 30 minute drive back home! I laughed, and he, knowing me so well said, "Well aren't you happy that I'm getting into wine?". I thought, "YUP! But if you are going to make a wine cellar then I think you aren't getting there, you ARE there!". He wanted to crack open one of the cheaper bottles that night to celebrate my last day of being 29. It was fun hanging out and then Nick crashed at about 11pm. I ending up flipping through channels and found The Bridges of Madison County , one of my favorites. So I cried my eyes out and then I decided that I needed to watch another tear jerker so I popped in The Notebook. I guess I needed to celebrate the end of my twenties in tears! I was up until 2am watching movies, and although Nick felt bad in the morning for falling asleep, it was nice to watch some girly movies and have that time to myself.
McKell and Pete came by at 9:30 am and surprised me with a birthday breakfast! Kell went all out and brought over scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, fruits, Brie cheese (my favorite), danishes, OJ, and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with birthday candles! It was awesome and again made me realized how lucky I am to have her in my life! She is an amazing woman and friend! Thank you Kell! I love you!!!
I'm trying to think of a really good birthday wish! We all went bowling and met Nick's family there, even Grandma, Auntie Deb and Uncle Billy came. We got spoiled with gifts, cards, over the hill cupcakes, and even Lyndi gave us money this year! I said, "Wow, I like that you guys are getting older, you give us money now!" :) Aly bought Nick a nice size bottle of Crown Royal, which was pretty funny because that was her first time buying alcohol, and she's been 21 since April! He appreciated it especially because it was from her. We had fun bowling and Gavin, our nephew, was definitely the center of attention just because he is so freakin cute! I love that kid. I got some Tai Pan and Pier One gift cards so now I can decorate my house! The only problem is that I need help! I walked in circles around Pier One and ending up walking out after an hour with nada. Picking out miscellaneous crafty objects to come together and appear as if it were meant to be is apparently not my forte! Anyways, later that night Nick and I went to Tepanyaki and ate delicious sushi and rolls. I love that Nick likes it now. We came home and had the special Mondavi bottle that he bought me. We lit candles and talked and laughed. I could not of asked for a better way to spend my 30th birthday. The ironic thing is that I ended up crashing at 11:30pm and so he popped in one of his favorites, Armageddon, and just like I did the night before, spent the beginning of his birthday alone to himself and watching a favorite movie. I woke up around 3am and planted his birthday present on the couch so he would wake up to a surprise. In the morning he walked down stairs and said, "What the heck?" - he found his gift. I can never go wrong with bronco stuff so I got him 2 nice beer glasses etched with the Bronco & NFL logo's and a wall hanging for his game room that shows all the previous uniform versions for the team and Nick loved it. We went to Red Lobster, courtesy of Grandma Lewis, and feasted for lunch. It was great. Matt, Denise, Gavin, Cooper & Boston came over later that night and they gave him a really awesome slide show of pictures of Nick over the past 8 years. Nick was surprised and clearly touched that Matt made this for him.
TO ALL OUR FRIENDS,
AND OUR FAMILIES,
Gavin, our 2 year old Nephew
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PHONE CALLS, CARDS, GIFTS, AND LOVE! YOU MADE OUR BIRTHDAYS GREAT THIS YEAR AND WE THANK YOU AND LOVE YOU TOO!
02.28.2009- On another note, Nick's younger brother Brad received his mission letter and we gathered around him today when he opened it. He will be serving God in Bogota, Columbia later this year. I saw the spirit touch him tonight and it was inspiring to feel the appreciation he had in wanting to serve God and learning of His will. We are so proud of him and admire his devotion and sacrifice to spread the word of God and Jesus Christ. May he be a light in the dark. We ask that you please include him in your prayers for a safe and fruitful mission.
Sounds like you two had a couple of great days! Happy Birthday again!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys & I'm glad you both had good birthdays! Gavin keeps saying, "Happy Birthday Uncle Nick & Lanie!". He loves you guys so much!
ReplyDeleteYeah, glad you guys had great birthdays!! I am looking for another update though, it's been 5 weeks cous....love K
ReplyDelete