Sorry for the delayed post people...my bad!

I had the chance to see my family again the weekend of March 14th because I had a meeting in NJ on the 18th. I took a red eye on Friday night and arrived at JFK at 6:30 am. Gotta love the red eye flights...NOT! But I knew my excitement and happiness of being around the fam would disintegrate any jet lag. I utilized the train system to get upstate (and I gotta admit I am getting pretty good at that - even Sheils was impressed!) and Sils was at the Poughkeepsie train station to pick me up at 10:30 am. Straight to the wine store we headed to supply us for the next few days! Millbrook, a local winery, is an excellent choice! When I was 16, I made my Dad drive me to the Millbrook DMV to take my Driver Licence test-hard to fail when you drive in the country! Yeah, I was spoiled.
My high school - John Jay - we had to drop off Jacqui so I thought I'd take a little trip down memory lane - graduate of 1997 - yikes it's been 12 years - it flew by!
I love the motto - "Working Hard to be the Best!"
Sils, John Jay class of '89 and me class of '97
We, are the champions, my friends!

Mozi, my nephew coincidentally came into town on Saturday as well, so we picked him up from the Westchester airport later that afternoon. We had such a great time. My family treats me like gold and takes such good care of me while I am there, as always. Here are some other highlights:
- We went bowling one night and I was able to meet Baby's "Friend of Interest" (not yet called a Boyfriend- LOL) and he was great! Very cool and nice guy.
- Mello, Lulu's husband made dinner for yours truly one night and it was the best ribs I have ever had in my life!
- Jacqui my niece gave me an hour back massage even though I fell asleep a half hour through it! Sils gave me another one 2 days later and I did the same thing! I tend to carry a lot of stress in my back and neck and they worked out all of my knots! Who else would continue to give me a massage even though I fell asleep? Only people who really LOVE ME! :)
- Sils also made an awesome dinner one night, Shrimp Alfredo, and it was great!!! She has come a LONG way! ;O
- Lulu, Sils and I got our groove on to 80's music (It was Madonna's fault!) and laughed our asses off, although Jacqui seemed mortified! Not sure if she is sold on her family yet!
- Mozi shared his awesome computer graphics and freestyle art with us and it was pretty cool to see the artistic traits being passed down.
- I hit most of my NY food craving hot spots - Chan's Peking in Red Oaks Mills (one of Wynne's family restaurant, see Christmas blog), Dunkin Donuts, Hot & Crusty - amazing bagels, and Carvel (my favorite ice cream cake). Since we were at Carvel, and Grandma Jo's birthday was in couple days on the 19th, Sils and I decided to get Grandma a birthday cake! We asked the lady to write "Happy Birthday Grandma GG!" While she was in the back decorating the cake, I said to Sils, "If she only knew she was making a cake for our dead Grandma!" I think Grandma would have found humor in that. I know it's gotta make her happy that we will still find ways to celebrate her birthday! She loved her birthday and has made me always want to appreciate mine, no matter how old I get. She taught me that.
Watch out American Idol - the Harms Sisters are back!

- Later that night before we lit the candles, I talked to Nick who always has a hard day on that day, March 16th, because it is Mike's birthday. His cousin Mike, but more so a best friend and brother, passed away tragically when they were 16 years old. Nick asked me if we would also sing Happy Birthday to Mike, and of course I said yes! We did and decided we might as well sing Happy Birthday to the rest of the family members that have passed away. A little crazy perhaps, but we sang Happy Birthday to them and it was great!
- Sils and I traveled down to NYC on St. Patty's Day and it was crazy as usual and awesome. Some days I really miss being in NYC. It is so amazing and unique and so unlike any where else in the world. We met up with the girls, Wynne, Sheila and Rachelle, for lunch and then walked around and watched part of the parade. It was good times as always! Love you angels.

- Later that night, I had to say Goodbye and head down to NJ. I was so sad. It was really hard for me to leave which kind of surprised me. I guess as I get older, I realize more and more what wonderful family and friends I have, from NY to AZ to UT to CA, I would not trade them for anything or anyone!!! I love you all! You guys are keepers.
Sheils and her son, Eli
What a great trip with family you had! Did you get any work done?
ReplyDelete