Monday, November 16, 2009

+ (+) + = +



I made my blog private, so that is why you received an email inviting you. If you know anyone I missed, just tell them to send me an email and I can add them.

I've been fairly stressed out lately and I'm realizing that my thoughts have become negative. I believe that negative energy does attract negativity, and positive energy attracts positivity, so for the rest of November I will attempt to blog about something positive that happened to me that day or recently. Hopefully this helps me shut out the negative vibes and bring nice, warm, positive energy our way. But before we go to the light, I need to dump my bad vibes out:

Today I woke up not feeling very well and didn't want to go to work. I had to negotiate with myself to at least go in for a few hours. Lately I have been feeling really stressed out with work and overwhelmed. I have the type of job where the "piles" never completely go away. You'll always have a million things to do tomorrow. Sometimes I like that, and sometimes I DON'T! I really do like my job and position, but it is stressful, and when home stuff gets stressful too, then I just feel stressed all the time, and I think it's catching up to me. The Bronco's losing 3 games in a row after a 6-0 start doesn't help much either. Maybe it's also that I think I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder, and now that my sun is not providing warm, shining rays anymore, it definitely puts a damper on things. Don't take this the wrong way, I mean I'm not about to jump off a bridge or anything (haha), and although things have been a tad stressful lately, we have definitely been in worse situations and so I know we will be fine. Today I decided I needed a break and the piles will still be there tomorrow. I went to work for about 3 hours and got the priority stuff finished. My friend McKell was having a girls lunch so I took the rest of the day off. It was good for me.
There is a song that reminds me to not take work TOO seriously or be a workaholic:
                   "He never thought he cared so much about the minute hand
                         Until he started praying for a second chance
                   If he could only do it all again
                   And trade the long nights that he spent behind his desk
                   For all he missed
                   He tells his wife I wish that this moment in this room
                   Was not me dying but just spending a little time with you
                  
                   You only get just one time around, you only get one shot at this
                   One chance to find out the one thing that you don’t wanna miss
                   One day when it’s all said and done I hope you see that it was enough
                   This one ride, one try, one life to love"

People who have had near death experiences all seem to be different after it, they talk about it changing them forever - they get "it" and are blessed - they appreciate EVERY DAY! They no longer take life for granted and have a deeper appreciation and love for their family. I think a lot of people, including myself, do take many days for granted, and get mad or upset about things that we wouldn't if we knew the end was near.


Today I am happy that I have great and wonderful people in my life. I moved to Utah not knowing a soul, except for Nicholas, but I have met some great people and have had a lot of laughs with them. I had a good day. Now I'm chillin with the dogs on the couch and watching Monday Night Football. I have my dogs, my great man, and my Father in heaven watching out for me. Life is Good.

6 comments:

  1. Love you Lanie! Just know you aren't alone - we are right there with you and we all have those days. :) Sorry about the Broncos...you know I can't sympathize, but I can imagine..lol! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are going on a positive note. We all have bad days here and there. Some we'd like to forget. But like you said if we look for the positive and see God's hand in something everyday, the better our life will be and we will be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful, grateful, GRATEFUL! Life is about the journey, bad and good. I love you sis and know you can always count on me.

    Pru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grateful, grateful, GRATEFUL! Life is about the journey, bad and good. I love you sis and know you can always count on me.

    Pru

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand about the bad days. Seems as if the trials we have are God's way of testing us. He will never give us more than we are able to handle. I have experienced probably the most self esteem beating, stressful year of my life recently and somehow, by some miracle, we have made it this far. God will put amazing people in your path to help you and lift you up, even when there seems like there is no hope and no one to turn to. I agree that positivity attracts positivity. I have tried to not worry as much about situations and focus on what needs to be done and how I am going to do it. Amazing things happen when you think this way. Keep on keepin on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the encouragement! It means a lot! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete